Saturday 9 March 2013

The height of forgotten chemistry


On his way back from the laboratory, the absent minded  professor Dr.Absmin entered the drug store and asked the sales girl: "Please give me a pack of NSAIDs". The girl being a new hand, was  a  little perplexed and asked, " Sir, I do not get you . Can you please explain". "Ok", said the professor, " I shall explain. I want the esterification product of salicylic acid and acetic anhydride ". The girl threw up her hands and was ready to climb the wall. Exclaiming she could not make out what he wanted. " Sir, could you please at least tell me what is biting you? I only mean to help you". Pressing his head with both the hands he shouted " Miss, I have a splitting head ache". " In that case, will aspirin help you "? asked the girl.

   "oh! Miss", said the professor some what ashamed , " That is exactly the medication  I wanted. I forgot that little name which is always my problem".

1 comment: